Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy January 6! Tomorrow is Kawehi's Birthday! Hauoli La Hanau Anake Tabehi!!!

Thursday we will be featured on Aha`i `Olelo on KGMB9 news.  Kehau and Scott were wonderful interviewers making me feel very comfortable! I am so thankful for the free press (Mahalo!) We went over sustainability as a native Hawaiian value and just a little about the business and how it came it be.  I am so thankful to be a part of the native Hawaiian community which allows for such wonderful showcases of its members.

Just a little mana`o on my part, "Reduce, Reuse, Recycle" are buzz words right now that seem to be everywhere, from my son's preschool to the nightly news.  Keep in mind that these are values that were an integral part of the Hawaiian culture, long before the "green phenomenon".  I will not attempt to be over-prideful and say that Hawaiian's "were the first" since many indigenous cultures who lived off the `aina were also very mindful of the cycle of life and how to sustain.  Let's all do our part to make our ancestors proud and make sure that our keiki have a beautiful Hawaii when they grow up.

Sorry, off my soapbox....I hope everyone is having a wonderful New Year.  

Malama Maika`i Kakou a pau

No comments:

Post a Comment