Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Kulia's Korner

Kulia is my 6 year old son. He goes to Ma`ema`e Elementary and he's in the 1st grade.  Recently Kulia came home and started looking at all our plastic-wear in the house...I asked him what he was doing...he said that he was checking the recycling codes.  Well, that day at school he had learned what the # meant on the bottom of his water bottle.  By heart he knew which numbers were good for recycling, what numbers meant to reuse the container and which ones were BAD for the environment like styrafoam cups.  Quite honestly I didn't even really know what exactly the numbers meant before he told me.  That boy is forever impressing me! 

We've been using WorldCentric biocompostable to go containers in the cafe, we're hoping other businesses will be inspired to use these as well because they are the  most eco-friendly ones available.

I've attached a link to Wikipedia's guide for you to do some research, hopefully we can be more aware of what we are using! Thanks Kulia!

"Each Day of our lives we make deposits in the memory banks of our children." -Charles R. Swindoll

XOXO,
Red Ginger Cafe Manoa 

No comments:

Post a Comment